Mr. Welsh joined Devitt Spellman Barrett in March of 2020. Mr. Welsh began his career as a criminal defense attorney in New York City, representing predominantly indigent clients. After seven years, he transitioned into work with civil defense firm and handled all aspects of litigation, with a focus on general liability and negligence claims made in major motor vehicle and premises liability cases. Mr. Welsh has extensive criminal and civil litigation trial experience, having tried over 30 cases to verdict.
While in law school, Mr. Welsh was a member of the moot court team and participated in national tournaments.
- New York State
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Adelphi University, Garden City, New York, 2007, Bachelor of Arts
- New York Law School, New York, New York, 2010, Juris Doctor