Mr. Seidell has extensive trial experience. Prior to joining the firm as Counsel in early 2009, Mr. Seidell founded the law office of Sobel & Seidell, LLP, where he handled litigation matters including personal injury, product defect, labor law violations, vehicular and premises liability as well as municipal, insurance, corporate and commercial matters. In addition, he serves of counsel to members of the bar in litigation matters and provides representation as outside counsel to the Town of Babylon, the Town of Smithtown, the Town of Brookhaven, Town of Islip, the County of Suffolk and the Suffolk County District Attorney.
Mr. Seidell was Deputy Bureau Chief in the Federal and State Torts Division of the Suffolk County Attorneys Office representing the County of Suffolk and all of its departments and agencies in all matters of personal injury litigation including motor vehicle accidents involving County employees, negligent highway design and maintenance claims, police brutality and assaults and civil rights actions.
Mr. Seidell was an Acting Town Attorney and a Deputy Town Attorney for the Town of Babylon, initiating and defending civil actions on behalf of the Town in such areas as personal injury actions, land use and zoning matters and Article 78 proceedings. Mr. Seidell drafted local laws, Town ordinances and Town Board resolutions. He advised the Town Board and Town departments and agencies in all areas of municipal law.
Mr. Seidell was admitted to the bar of New York State in 1985 and the United States District Court for the Eastern District in 1985 and the Southern District in 2000. He is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the United States Claims Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the United States Court of Military Appeals (1991).
Areas of Practice:
- State Appellate Practice
- State Trial Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Defense
- Premises Liability — Defense
- Slip and Fall — Defense
- Mortgages & Foreclosures
- Residential Real Estate
- Municipal Corporations
- Municipal Liability
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California, 1984 J.D.
- SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, 1980 B.A.
Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York State Bar Trial Lawyers Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair Suffolk County Bar Association Negligence – Defense Counsel Committee
- Suffolk County Bar Association Supreme Court Committee Member
- Tenth Judicial District Grievance Committee
- Former Member Suffolk County Bar Association Judicial Screening Committee