During his time at Hofstra University, Mr. Shteierman published his work, The “No match” Letter Rule: A Mismatch between the Dept. of Homeland Security and SSA in Worksite Immigration Enforcement in the Hofstra Lab. & Employment Law Journal in 2007. Mr. Shteierman has established a work ethic and reputation of excellence.
As a partner with the firm, Mr. Shteierman’s primary area of practice involves the firm’s municipal and school district liability cases, including Federal Civil Rights litigation in the areas of discrimination, excessive force, free speech and land use. He engages in all phases of litigation from intake through discovery, depositions, conferences, dispositive motions and trial preparation. Additional areas of Mr. Shteierman’s practice include premises and automobile litigation in state courts throughout the New York metropolitan area.
Mr. Shteierman was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2009. In 2010, he was admitted to the U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York and to the U.S. Southern District of New York in 2011.
Areas of Practice:
- School District Liability
- Civil Rights
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Race and Natural Origin Discrimination
- Religious and Sex Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Employment Discrimination
- Municipal Employment
- Constitutional Law
- First Amendment
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury–Defense
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York, 2008, J.D.
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, 2005, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Federal Bar Council, 2010 – Present
- New York State Bar Association, 2009 – Present
- Suffolk County Bar Association, 2009 – Present