Felicia Gross has extensive civil litigation experience in both federal and state court. Prior to joining Devitt Spellman Barrett, Ms. Gross was an Assistant Attorney General with the New York State Attorney General’s Office, where she handled several Article 78 challenges to state agency decisions. In addition, Ms. Gross served as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Special Federal Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department, where she handled more than 60 federal cases on behalf of the City of New York, NYPD members, and district attorneys offices. Moreover, Ms. Gross spent several years at a large international law firm in Manhattan, where she specialized in complex commercial litigation and internal investigations.
Ms. Gross’ extensive litigation experience includes discrimination based on age, gender, race, and disability; excessive force, malicious prosecution and false arrest; First Amendment and constitutional challenges to municipal and state laws. Ms. Gross has tried State and Federal trials to verdict.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Gross was an intern to then-Governor Mario M. Cuomo in the New York State Executive Chamber in New York City.
Ms. Gross is admitted to the bar in New York and the District of Columbia. She is also admitted to the U.S. District Courts in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Constitutional Law
- School and Municipal Law
- Trial Practice
- Legal Fellow, United States Senate Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Administrative Oversight and the Courts, (August 1999)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Judge Carlos T. Bea, 2003-2004
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Judge Rya W. Zobel, 2006-2007
- Duke University, Durham, N.C., 1996, J.D.
Majors: Economics, English and Political Science
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, N.C., 1999
Awards: First Place, Duke Law Dean’s Cup Moot Court Competition, Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Team, Duke Law Moot Court Team
- Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Certificate, Executive Education Program, 2014
- FBI Citizen’s Academy, Certificate, 2016
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, (1999-2002)
- Duke Law Alumni Association of New York, (1999-present)