Devitt Spellman Barrett, LLP provides a wide range of legal services for municipalities, insurance companies, individuals, employers and businesses throughout the New York City metro area. If you need experienced litigation support from a leading litigation and appeals firm, contact Devitt Spellman Barrett, LLP in Smithtown, Melville, and Albany, New York.
To learn more about our legal services, visit any of our practice area pages:
- School District Litigation: We represent school districts and superintendents. Some of the matters we handle on behalf of school districts include personal injury and employment law disputes.
- Municipal Litigation: We defend municipalities, towns and villages. We handle personal injury claims, Section 1983, malicious prosecution and other related claims.
- Law Enforcement Litigation: We defend police departments accused of misconduct.
- Premises Liability Litigation: Property owners are frequently sued for slip and fall accidents and other premises liability claims. We protect the rights of property owners and offer experienced civil litigation defense services.
- Litigation and Appeals: Some of the claims we handle on behalf of individuals and businesses include auto accidents, labor law, property damage claims, products liability and other negligence based claims.
- Negligence Insurance Defense: We represent individuals sued for negligence who have insurance. Many insurance companies have relied on our firm to handle claims on behalf of their insured.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation and Counseling: Our attorneys represent insurance companies themselves as well. We represent auto insurance companies, health insurance companies, and commercial and general liability insurance companies.
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation: Corporations and individuals involved in serious, financially significant disputes and litigation in New York know how daunting it can be to find a law firm with experience handling cases involving complex corporate and commercial litigation.